Negation Handling in Sentiment Analysis

by: Rachana, 8 years ago

Hi,
   I am a huge fan of yours. I am working on Sentiment Analysis i implemented many features  for SA like Sentiwordnet,wordnet,Bag of words,TF-IDF and these all because of your nltk tutorial otherwise not possible for me  but i dont know how to handle negative words please help me as soon as possible and thanks a lot ..

You must be logged in to post. Please login or register an account.

Negative words are generally just words that you don't want to analyze because they carry no meaning. They may also be likely sarcastic words (usually very bombastic words). You handle them by simply removing them entirely, or not considering them for applying sentiment to.

-Harrison 8 years ago

hey thanx for reply you mentioned that  sarcastic words (usually very bombastic words) You handle them by simply removing them entirely, or not considering them for applying sentiment but my question is remove entire word for example "The movie wasn't good'" so removing was not will means movie was good and removing entire sentence will not going to helpful because it consist sentiment about the review.

And i also want that kind of code which give me sentiwordnet+negation handling+intensifier handling so at the result i can get a polarity in some float number, so i really dont know how to handle these stuffs. can you explain me with code. you can mail me if you wish. Thanx again.

-Rachana 8 years ago

Sure, things like "not" are stop words. The word "not" contains no sentiment. Not in terms of sentiment would be a multiplier of -1.

The movie (subject, so no value) was (state of being, so no value) not (-1) * good (2). With sentiment analysis, you're doing a few calculations. You're looking for subjects, and what the words are talking about. You're looking for words that contain sentiment, some words that might flip sentiment, and some words that signal the likely location of sarcasm.

I am not going to write out the code for this, that's something you'll have to figure out on your own.

-Harrison 8 years ago

ok thanx again your suggestions are very helpful to me. I Implemented sentiwordnet+negation handling+intensifier handling thnx and keep posting videos and spread knowledge cheers :)

-Rachana 8 years ago
Last edited 8 years ago

Hi Rachana,

Can you please share the code for sentiwordnet+negation handling+intensifier handling

-HarshalChopde 7 years ago
Last edited 7 years ago

hi rachana,

can you please share the code for sentiment analysis

-chaitahanya 6 years ago

hi,

can you please the code for sentiemnt analysis handling negations

-chaitahanya 6 years ago